Graphics crashes on Mac M1 Sonoma, game sounds continue in background.

Lusule
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Pending

I've been playing the game happily for ages without problems, though this is my first play through since updating to Sonoma when it was released.  It's been working fine for the last couple of weeks, until a few hours ago, when it suddenly started crashing.  The graphics will freeze (or even distort) though I can still hear game sounds in the background.  I am starting to move from early game to mid game, so my base size is growing, but nothing else has changed and I'm still not fully industrialised.  I looked in player.log but couldn't see any obvious issues.  I have tried rebooting the computer.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game.  I have tried disabling mods, and I have tried fiddling with the graphics.  I have not been able to try windowed mode, as it crashes immediately on switching to windowed mode.

I don't know if this is a bug or some other issue, but I have trawled the web and am out of the ideas.  Some change since Sonoma which means that my computer now struggles as game complexity increases is all that I can think of, though previously I've been all the way to late game with no problems on the same computer.

Steps to Reproduce

Play game on Mac M2 with Sonoma 14.0 at late-early or early-mid game stages.  Within an in-game day or two, often but not always just before night time, the graphics will freeze and corrupt and I will need to stop the game from Steam.

Model Name: MacBook Air

Model Identifier: Mac14,2

Model Number: Z160000TCB/A

Chip: Apple M2

Total Number of Cores: 8 (4 performance and 4 efficiency)

Memory: 16 GB

The Scientific Pit.sav

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.