Destroyed artifacts from Abandon Ship can't be gotten back

Tetrikitty
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

A while ago, I had to abandon a rocket carrying four entombed artifacts on artifact transport modules because it ran out of oxygen. The artifacts were destroyed in the crash. Today, I sent another rocket with four artifact transport modules to the same space POIs trying to get the artifacts back, but got nothing but office mugs.

I believe the game marked those four artifacts as "obtained", which means I can't get them ever again, even though the rocket carrying them never made it home.

Suggestions: Abandon Ship shouldn't destroy artifacts, and visiting a space POI should check whether you still have its artifact rather than whether you've previously gotten an artifact from it before. 

Steps to Reproduce

Pick up an artifact from a space POI using a rocket with an artifact transport module, then abandon it. The artifact will not be in the rocket debris.

After that, send another rocket to the same space POI with an artifact transport module. It won't be able to harvest another one.

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Changed Status to Fixed

Artifacts should no longer be destroyed when landing on a planet, however this will not retroactively fix saves. You will need to start a new save.

• Like 1

Share this comment