Crew will not launch rockets

dmdelor
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

After landing, rockets frequently- but not always- will refuse to launch again.  I'll click "Begin Launch" and the rocket will appear to be ready to load crew, but the crew will never attempt to enter it and launch.  Saving and re-loading a save game makes this issue go away; I've got a save from a time when I was seeing this issue, but it won't let you re-create this issue.

I hit this issue twice in a couple of minutes.  The first time, I'd landed two rockets and immediately deconstructed the module beneath the piloting capsule, then told them to launch again.  Neither would launch.  I'd assumed the deconstruction was an issue and I also noticed I couldn't tell the dupes to "Move To" the outside of space capsule after that as if the pathfinding didn't know how to get in there.  (but this didn't prove to be a necessary condition to fail to launch, as described next)

After saving and loading, which allowed me to launch the rockets, I landed each on a remote asteroid, one-by-one, and then immediately added a new crew member and tried to launch them again to ferry the new crew member home.  The first one launched fine, but the second one had the same issue where the dupes would never try to get in and launch.  This time around, however, the problematic rocket didn't exhibit the "Move To" issue.   Again, saving and loading made the issue go away.

I suspect this is two issues- the "Move To" after deconstruction and a refusal to launch after landing.  Alternately, the deconstruction could have broken the rocket in a way that looked fix after save/load but only was partially fixed and eventually resurfaced in one of my rockets.

Steps to Reproduce

It's possible that this might be simple as "land on a rocket pad and then issue another launch order without loading the game."

The full steps, if it turns out to matter:

1) I created a three-stage rocket- CO2 engine, trailblazer module, small cockpit.

2) I loaded it with two dupes, flew to an asteroid, launched the trailblazer module, then flew the remaining dupe home.

3) At home, I destructed the trailblazer module.  I think this happened before the pod itself was reconstructed.

4) I issued another launch order.  It didn't work; the dupes would never get a task to board the rocket.  I also noticed I couldn't "move to" the squares in front of the cockpit module.

(this was done twice concurrently)

After that, I:

5) Saved and loaded the game.  This fixed both of the #4 issues.

6) Launched the rockets and landed them one-by-one on a pad I'd constructed on the second asteroid with my trailblazers.

7) As each landed, I added an extra crew member to them and then hit "Begin Launch" to send them back up.

8) The first one re-launched fine.  The second one exhibited the same behavior- it claimed it was preparing for launch but the dupes wouldn't ever get a task to get in and launch.  This time, I could move to the squares in front of the cockpit module.

Finally, I:

9) Saved/Loaded again.  This fixed the issue I was experiencing in #8. 

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.