Cartographic Module not working

stats189
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I have a cartographic module installed on my rocket, and have sent it into space.  The module no longer analyzes unexplored space as the rocket travels.  I am not sure if this is the bug, or if the previous way is the bug.

Steps to Reproduce

Nothing special.  Send rocket into space with a cartographic module.

User Feedback

the module never worked like that.
it will allow rockets to travel into unchartered space, will put "?" icons on pois within 2 tiles range and will uncover ONLY! these within 1 tile range. the default "reveal"-range of the module is 0 - it will only fully reveal the tile it is on + the occasional POI within 1 tile range.

If you want to reveal tiles beyond that, you will either have to put a telescope inside the rocket or use a mod that changes the behavior of the Cartographer module

Edited by SGT_Imalas
  • Like 3

Share this comment

On 5/11/2023 at 7:43 PM, SGT_Imalas said:

the module never worked like that.
it will allow rockets to travel into unchartered space, will put "?" icons on pois within 2 tiles range and will uncover ONLY! these within 1 tile range. the default "reveal"-range of the module is 0 - it will only fully reveal the tile it is on + the occasional POI within 1 tile range.

If you want to reveal tiles beyond that, you will either have to put a telescope inside the rocket or use a mod that changes the behavior of the Cartographer module

Wow, really? Makes it even more useless...

Share this comment

yup.
Im currently working on an update for RE that will make it behave like a telescope with 4 tiles of range

Share this comment