Sign in to follow this  

Water freezes / cools down instead of getting evaporated / heated up.

Watcher135
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

There is a liquid sulphur geyser on Maviol planetoid. It is located in a insulated pool of water. For about 100 cycles it was functioning fine: there was hot sulphur coming out of the geyser and heating up the water around it.

A couple of cycles ago (not sure exactly how many) I noticed, that the quantity of water has rapidly decreased, whilst its temperature remained very low. It turned out that there was hot sulphur coming out of the geyser, but it was not heating up the water around it, instead it was cooling it down and turning it into ice.

Снимок экрана 2021-02-19 225728.png

Steps to Reproduce

I surrounded the sulphur geyser with insulated tiles and filled this pool with approx. 30 °C water. The height of the pool was 2 tiles. In the bottom layer there was 1000 kg of water in each square, in the top layer there was around 400-500 kg of water in each square. The sulphur that was erupting from the geyser would solidify and fall to the bottom of the pool. When the water temperature rose to about 50-60 °C I decided to add more water. When I added more water and there were 1000 kg in each square in the top layer, the geyser started showing overpressure. I removed some of the water and got back to the situation where I had 400-500 kg of water in each square in the top layer. But now the sulphur would not fall to the bottom of the pool. Instead it would turn into a natural tile that needed digging. I added one tile to the height of the pool, but that didn’t help, the erupting sulphur was still turning into natural tiles. After that I quit my attempts to change the situation, I would just dig natural sulphur tiles when I needed them. After some time, I noticed that the quantity of water decreased and it became significantly colder.

Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.