Unconstructive prevents construction digs

skallskitar
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

Playing the Spaced Out dlc. I had one single duplicant that could perfom Hard Digging, but they also had unconstructive. When I plan a building over a tile that needs Hard Digging to dig out, I find that my Hard Digging dupe can't perform that dig. Canceling the building and placing a manual dig solves it.

In attached screenshots, Ren can't dig the tile of granite, despite having Hard Digging and being allowed to.

(Maybe the auto placed Construction Dig order is only processed as a Construction task, and never as a Dig task?)

20201212133105_1.jpg

20201212133122_1.jpg

20201212134827_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

Have 2 dupes. One has Hard Digging skill and Unconstructive trait. The other does not. Place any building over a natural tile that requires Hard Digging (let's say Granite).
Once materials are delivered for construction, an automatic dig order is placed on natural tiles. No dupe can dig out the Granite, despite a dupe with Hard Digging being available.

User Feedback

I have this same issue and came to post it. My digging duplicant that is having the problem also has unconstructive as a trait.
In the picture, the digger is Turner. He has unconstructive, and all the build tiles have been set to 9 for quite a while. As you can see, his "to do" list doesn't list anything for digging.

P.S. for the mods. I don't know if I should make an extra post, but I found something else in this image as I was building. Those two dark squares in the bottom-left of the build area? They are completely undiscoverable. It was just ice, the area was mined except the two squares. I tried to move dupes there, and I tried to destroy and reveal the area with the sandbox tool. Despite this, they remain "undiscoverable".
image.thumb.png.b5c6d6349a179d30068847ee1f1f3494.png

Edited by Nikuyama

Share this comment

Same here, except I'm having this issue with a dupe "born" as both a Hard and Superhard Digger - and Unconstructive.

In case this behaviour is intentional, we should at least get red warning flags for the errands in question (akin to the "Local Colony Lacks XY" we get when we don't have qualified personnel).

Share this comment