Transformers wired in series ignored.

CJSwitz
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Nrhv8N7Nrhv8N7.jpg

When a battery or multiple transformers are being charged, it ignores any transformers wired in series and instead draws current at the rate of the input transformers wired in parallel.

In this image, when the battery on the right is being charged, it is pulling 2KW despite the two transformers wired in series immediately before it. Regular loads (like the equipment partially seen on the right, which will try to use well over 2KW) do not do this and will only pull 1KW max in this setup if they are connected instead of the battery. Destroying one of the transformers wired in parallel on the left will reduce the max power draw to 1KW, and adding more will increase it proportionally as well.

This occurs with all battery types, as well as using parallel wired transformers on the output and attaching them to a load over 1KW. Increasing or decreasing the number of transformers wired in series has no effect. The type of wire used has no effect (beyond overloading issues). I have not tested large transformers.

I have attached the save for the image above. I reproduced it using sandbox and debug mode, but I have observed the same issue in regular gameplay trying to make step-down/step-up power grids.

TESTING.sav

Steps to Reproduce
1. Wire producers to main line through transformers in parallel. 2. Wire main line through transformers in series. 3. Attach battery or parallel wired transformers to load larger than 1KW to output of main line. 4. Observe main line wattage determined by parallel transformers, series transformers supplying more the 1KW.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.