Space Scanner Missing Foundation

BruteForce89
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

My space scanners randomly give 'Missing Foundation' statuses when the foundation is fine.  Reloading the save will fix this, but they will eventually do this again.  Occasionally reloading the save doesn't fix this, but it usually does.  They are currently built on plastic tiles with both power and automation wires running through them, and bunker doors above.  Not certain what is causing this bug.  I have attached a screenshot of this issue as well as the save file.

EDIT:  Source of problem is plastic tiles, which after being replaced solved the issue.

FoundationBug.thumb.png.cf772ef5c3b258e17fb8c156746e264b.png

Beyond.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Have a space scanner built on plastic tiles.

User Feedback

Did you use debug mode and dug around there? 

The tiles have this white discoloration and that is typical when you debug dig or place a gas/liquid on a tile

Share this comment

So I think you are right Enno about the tiles, I have taken another screenshot where you can see that some tiles have the white discoloration and some don't, and the two scanners with white tiles under them are giving the missing foundation status while the scanner without those tiles is fine.

FoundationBug2.png

Share this comment

So I replaced the plastic tiles with regular tiles and the issue seems fixed.  Not sure why plastic doesn't seem to work in space, but that seemed to be the reason for the problem.

Share this comment

On 31.7.2018 at 7:23 AM, BruteForce89 said:

So I think you are right Enno about the tiles, I have taken another screenshot where you can see that some tiles have the white discoloration and some don't, and the two scanners with white tiles under them are giving the missing foundation status while the scanner without those tiles is fine.

FoundationBug2.png

I'm glad you found the issue, seems like the plastic tiles are broken. 

Share this comment