Solid fuel thruster disconnects steam engine from rocket

Liakmad
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Started current playthrough after space industry released into live branch.

Any time i try to fix thrusters on top of steam engine, that engine disconnects from current rocket (tooltip shows "connected to rocket: Rocket") instead of custom namen shown on thrusters and any other components.

I can stack thrusters on top of each other and launch without engine at all, and there is convinient iron volkano in my seed, but still.

The New Hope First Nalding.sav

Steps to Reproduce
1. Build steam engine. 2. Build research module on top of engine 3. Build command module on top of research module 4. Rename rocket into something other than "Rocket" in starmap window. For example "Potatolamp" 5. Note that every component states to me connected to "Potatolamp" 6. Dismantle research module 7. Build solid state thrusters in space between command module and engine 8. Notice how command module and thrusters states they are connected to "Potatolamp", but engine states it is connected to "Rocket" 9. Load engine with steam and thrusters with oxylite and iron 10. Launch rocket anywhere 11. Watch how rocket hulariously leave asteroid without engine.

User Feedback

I have the same issue. Found out that save and reload usually fixes the name, but the range of the rocket is still 0 (steam engine, 5 research modules and command; truster is attached to the 2nd research module)

Edited by NikP

Share this comment