Skill upgrades don't seem to take the duplicant's original stats into account

Pizzaboy10
  • Pending

As the title says, here's a couple of screenshots:

kfZdZIJ.jpg

The popup states that Viola's learning skill upgraded to 1, but her stats page say's she's at 6 learning. I believe this is because her starting stats has 5 learning, and the popup didn't account for that when informing me. As the image below shows...

P0f33YY.jpg

Tilly started with 0 Athletics (i think, it was a while ago) and has levelled up a few times, and the popup is correct by saying it's at 4 now.

EXTRA: The tooltip for the "priority overlay" button has the same text as the "decor" overlay button.

Steps to Reproduce
Have a duplicant level up in a skill they they already had starting stats in.

User Feedback

Your Viola has the trait 'Qucik learner', so +5 Learning. From what I've seen the bonuses of all the positive/negative traits don't count with the skill upgrade message. Propably due to the fact that they are handled like the non-permanent traits (eg. bad back, -1 athletics due to lack of bed) at the moment, so they get added/subtracted afterwards.

Edited by muramdamus

Share this comment

13 hours ago, muramdamus said:

Your Viola has the trait 'Qucik learner', so +5 Learning. From what I've seen the bonuses of all the positive/negative traits don't count with the skill upgrade message. Propably due to the fact that they are handled like the non-permanent traits (eg. bad back, -1 athletics due to lack of bed) at the moment, so they get added/subtracted afterwards.

Ah yeah that makes sense actually. Though unless those traits can be lost/acquired after printing, i don't think they should be considered temporary buffs...

Share this comment