Screen Locks on RetiredColonies Auto Screenshot

Selardur
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Over the past few days ONI has been crashing 5-10 minutes into the game (I guess depending on the speed I have been running at).

With mods enabled it causes the screen to lock but sound (and it sounds like interactions as well) still continue to work. Without mods enabled it goes to the normal blackhole screen.

No dump appears to be created but the log files contain the same error either way (apart from the disabling mods line).

I have reproduced this error on my laptop and the only "unusual" thing common between the setups is that my Documents directory is in OneDrive and as a result the save files are also.

[23:35:25.587] [1] [INFO] Saving screenshot to C:\Users\selardur\OneDrive\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\RetiredColonies\Dystopia\Dystopia
IOException: Win32 IO returned 389. Path: C:\Users\selardur\OneDrive\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\RetiredColonies\Dystopia\Dystopia_cycle_0013.png
  at System.IO.FileStream.WriteInternal (System.Byte[] src, Int32 offset, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.FileStream.Write (System.Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes (System.String path, System.Byte[] bytes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Timelapser.WriteToPng (UnityEngine.RenderTexture renderTex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Timelapser.RenderAndPrint () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Timelapser+<Render>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

The file is created but at 0 bytes but yet it creates the file fine after restarting the game.

It appears that this case ONI does not wait for a file that has been changed on another computer to be sync'd by OnDrive (as it does with other files) and bombs out. This can be fixed by setting the save directory to "Always keep on this device" thus forcing a sync on logon rather than on access request.

Steps to Reproduce
Have save files in OneDrive (but not "Always keep on this device"). and then play the game on another computer with the same OneDrive setup.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.