Rocket Heat going through multiple layer of walls

SPUDBRO
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

so i have my rocket above my base so its easy to access. i left a gap of space so that no heat nor gas could enter my base but the heat seems to go through the tiles and ignore logic

the plat form in the middle of the attached picture is completly seperate from the rocket area

note i tryed this with insulated tiles too and go the same result 

Capture.PNG

Steps to Reproduce

create 3 layers of tiles with a gap of 1 block with space i the middle
the first layer will be the rocket area so make sure gas does not flow out

the second layer will be to stop any gas or interference from getting to my base

the third layer is my base wall from the outside

launch the rocket and the heat will still go into the tiles and into my base even though there is nothing there to send the heat through

if img reference is needed you can look at the attached imgs because that is what my base looks like

Capture.PNG

User Feedback

this is most likely not a bug but intended and well documented behaviour:

All engines have an exhaust, which is divided into 2 parts:

• An element emitted at a specific temperature under the rocket and does not go through tiles. All rockets engine emits at the same rate, which translates to 0.7 kg/cell per launch/landing on the constant speed part of the rocket, and more directly at launch/landing since the rocket is slower.
  • A heating factor which heats elements under the rocket up to 2926.9 °C, at a rate depending on the engine type and go through tiles and has a 3x9 rectangular pattern.

you are experiencing the second part here

• Like 2

Share this comment