Renaming duplicates only works twice per session

HellaChaz
  • Branch: Live Branch Pending

I'm only able to rename a duplicant twice (the pencil button next to their name) each session before I'm no longer able to rename duplicants. In order to get around this issue, I save, exit to main menu, and reload the game. I don't trust the reloading function since when I save, exit and reload while it's night the duplicants are standing instead of sleeping.

Renaming the same duplicant twice or two different duplicants once both cause the issue.

Tested with debug mode on, but experience issues renaming with debug mode disabled as well.

Thanks!

Steps to Reproduce
1. Load a new or previously existing game. 2. Rename any duplicant by selecting them, pressing the "Give this duplicant a new name" button, and changing the text in the text box. 3. Repeat step 2 again. 4. Repeat step 2, but this time pressing the new name button will not do anything.

User Feedback

I'm having issues reproducing this on my more stable machine, might just be one machine having issues with basic UI components. I'll update if I have better steps for reproduction.

Dupes standing on game reload still a concern and should be pretty reproducible (save game while dupe is sleeping & reload: dupe should be standing). I'll upload a save file if requested.

Share this comment