Reducing desktop resolution "sticks" even when increasing again later

DrRoguelike
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

1) Have game running in 4k with UI scale at 200%

2) Set desktop resolution to 640 x 480

3) alt-tab back to ONI, it will have automatically resized

4) Set desktop resolution back to normal (4k in my case)

5) alt-tab back to ONI, it maintains the UI it had at 640 x 480

At this point you can't click anything to change the resolution back to normal and you can't really play

image.thumb.png.428e31105eae27a2c20f45943a21ddd7.png

I know it's a weird case to get there.... I had ONI in the background when I was playing some dosbox games and dosbox did the resolution change on me.

Steps to Reproduce
1) Have game running in 4k with UI scale at 200% 2) Set desktop resolution to 640 x 480 3) alt-tab back to ONI, it will have automatically resized 4) Set desktop resolution back to normal (4k in my case) 5) alt-tab back to ONI, it maintains the UI it had at 640 x 480

User Feedback

To follow up, while in the game with desktop resolution back at 4k, I was able to hit alt-enter to get it to window mode (at 640x480) and then stretch the window. Going back into fullscreen from there with alt-enter did allow me to get back into the game as usual.

My expectation would be that if it automatically resizes itself when desktop is changed down, it should also do so when changed up.

Bonus points if the game recognized that it was in an unusable resolution + scale setting and put the option to change those setting right in the middle where they could still be reached :)

Share this comment