Radbolt going through solid tile

DNscoons
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

As seen in the attached figure radbolts are traveling through a solid insulated tile. Before this did not happen, the insulated tile stopped the radbolts for several 100 cycles, but for some reason the behavior changed, and now they are traveling through. The piece of insulated tile in question is also bright for some reason. The materials overlay does not show any strange thing.

I deconstructed the tile, it dropped the resource, so I guess it was not a ghost block. After reconstructing the tile it behaves as expected again. Probably the game got overloaded with tasks, and forgot to process the radbolt collisions?

ONI_radbolt_bug.png

Steps to Reproduce

Save attached to check the bug on other computer. I hope this is the autosave where the bug is still active.

2322 Cycle 2391.sav

• Like 1

User Feedback

There are vacuum in this cell? Inside tile? Looks like radbolts completely destroyed tile, but game somehow not properly updated its destruction

Share this comment

Oh, I did not even realize the vacuum. However how did the radbolts destroy the tile? They did not even damage it before.

Edit: And this setup is operational for ~1000 cycles.

Edited by DNscoons

Share this comment

A radbolt creates 1g/unit nuclear fallout on destroy. However, it decreases tile mass instead when hit a solid block(because nuclear fallout can't create).

When mass down to 0, tile become ghost block. So you need 400k radbolts to make an insulated tile ghost block. SL will reset tile mass, so it's hard to make ghost tiles from radbolts.

Share this comment

Well, I create quite some radbolts on this asteroid... And the automation swiching it off when not needed was indeed broken yesterday, so I guess it was working continuosly and eventually broke the tile. I guess autosaving does not restore the tile, as I autosave every cycle and one cycle is not enough for the 400k radbolts.

Edit: I added up, I generate ~40k radbolts / cycle, and all of it (minus the losses due to traveling) hit the same tile. So if only manual save/load restores the tile, it should brake in ~10 cycles. However I checked the "Properties" tab and the mass of the tile, and it always shows 400kg. So I'm not completely sure what happens, what caused the ghost block.

Radbolts.png

Edited by DNscoons

Share this comment

6 hours ago, DNscoons said:

However I checked the "Properties" tab

Property tab is not accurate. You can check in debug mode (By pressing backspace when debug is enabled) or maybe material view (F4).

6 hours ago, DNscoons said:

I guess autosaving does not restore the tile,

Saving doesn't reset mass. Saving+Loading does.

Share this comment

Ah, I see, thanks for the information. I guess it is still considered a bug. Or multiple :-) The properties tab should work, and no ghost block should exist.

• Like 1

Share this comment

The same bug, but with automation piece:

this AND Gate should give out green signal, but it does not. My guess is that it is a ghost AND Gate, as it is in the way of my radbolts.

After reloading the game the bug vanishes. The other ghost blocks are also reloaded correctly.

This is even more annoying than the same bug with normal blocks, as it corrupts my automation circuit which would shut off the radbolt generators...

Edit: grammar.

ONI_AndGate_bug.png

Edited by DNscoons

Share this comment