Plants die/disappear when loading (but not during gameplay)

Roachy1
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

My expectation for the intended behavior of plants is one of the following:

A) Plants die and disappear when one or more of their requirements are no longer met, this should happen exactly when the requirements are lost, or after some period of time (i.e. during gameplay)

B) Plants never die and disappear, regardless of how many of their requirements are not met. They only halt their growth.

I'm not sure which of these is the intended behavior, but my observation has been that:

- Plants in hydroponic farm tiles (perhaps other plants too?) ALWAYS seem to stick around with only their growth halted, EXCEPT when loading the game and their body temperature is too low. In this circumstance my plants in hydroponic farm tiles disappear and must be re-planted.

So it seems:

A) Being too cold is either a special/bugged circumstance,

AND/OR B) Plants that should be dying during normal gameplay are not, but this condition is re-evaluated and manifested only during loading, and only for being too cold.

Build: TB-247630

Steps to Reproduce
My circumstance: Plant several thimble reed in hydroponic farm tiles. Give them a range of combinations of conditions; atmosphere good/bad, irrigation yes/no, temperature too hot/normal/too cold. Note that none of the plants die. Save and reload the game. Note that certain plants die and disappear immediately upon loading in.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.