painting_wide_kanim duplicate data

Heremeus
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Hey,

While debugging KGlobalAnimParser.ParseAnimData for a mod, I realised the data for painting_wide_kanim seems a little odd.

The KAnim.Anim.Frame says it has 5 elements (other paintings only got 4). Looking into the frame elements it seems there is a duplicate element. The 3rd and 4th frame element both has the same symbol (e.g. "art_3x2_a"), transform, etc. (the others are frame, stretch marks and backing).

I guess that was an error in data export? It doesn't really lead to any problems ingame as it's just the same sprite being used twice on top of each other.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Attach a debugger to the vanilla game 2. Put a breakpoint into KGlobalAnimParser.ParseAnimData (condition animFile.hashName.HashValue==1837992267) 3. Step through the parse process for art_3x2_a (or _b to _f)

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Just took a look in the flash file, and there was a duplicate of the art_3x2_a symbol on painting a and b, but it was invisible to the eye. It looked as if there was no artwork in the symbol which made it appear invisible...or perhaps layered underneath the other artwork symbol but the pivot point was way off to one side. Because it was invisible to the eye, you couldn't see it unless you highlighted the entire layer. 
I deleted the duplicates so it should be fine now. I don't think it affected the art in game as I've seen all the paintings display properly but it was still good to find and delete it in case it ever did cause an issue.

• Like 1

Share this comment