Not gates connected to doors are glitchy

tasauge
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Pending

I was trying to build a gas compressor using automated doors, then I asked myself, what would happen if I connected the not gate ouput to its input? After that I had the idea to connect it to unpowered mechanical doors.

I found out three things:

• You can have only two "states of not gates" (I didn't try to reload the world though) (EDIT: the gates are still desynchronized), and the not gates switches each world tick, OR when you do some things (like placing an automation wire using the instant build mode), but not when you do some other things (like moving the camera).
  • When you speed things up, (it may just be because my computer is not very powerful but) the doors are acting weirdly...
  • It can make a super gas grinder, without any power consumption! I let it ran for 1.5 cycles, and it got from 8 tons of dioxygen to less than 60mg I'd say (with one tiles with 146.0mcg!)

I put a link of the video I recorded (I tried to edit it, but the program I used didn't rendered well, so I give the raw video). The setup on the left is my attempt to make a gas compressor. The setup on the right is the one I am reporting here.

oni gas grinder (unedited).mp4

Steps to Reproduce
Place two not gates, connect the outputs of them to their respective inputs so they are desynchronized. Eventually connect the outputs to one or more door(s) (the setup I used is in the video).

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.