Mouse-up fails through steam link (and MS remote desktop) from a tablet

jul_law
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hi everyone !

I report a tiny bug. When corrected, it will be able to play from a tablet. This is amazing!

Please, try it and imagine how much pleasure you will get playing Oxygen not included from a tablet !

This will be totally possible from steam link.

Configuration :

- Host : Windows 8.1 + Steam + Oxygen not included (installed through steam, or added in the steam library if not).

- Guest is any tablet (IPAD or Android) with the Steam app "Steam link" (or Microsoft Remote Desktop)

> Notice that playing with Remote Desktop will not be as handy as with steam link, but since the bug is replicable with Steam link and with MS remote desktop, on IOS and on Android, I assume it is a bug from Oxygen not Included. Further more, I have not such this bug in other apps and games.

How to reproduce :

1/ Launch Oxygen not included through :

- Steam Link (app in IOS to stream steam games)

- Microsoft remote desktop from IOS

2/ Enter your current game

3/ Select Dig

4/ Try to dig (click somewhere -> move finger, pencil or mouse to an other place -> release)

What happens :

- When you move the pointing device, the area is well selected in yellow, but when the button of the pointing device is released, nothing happends : the area stay yellow.

- when you click to another area, the former yellow area disapears, but the size of the area - (7 x 2) for example - stay written for ever (see in the right side of the print screen attached).

What was expected :

- Yellow area disappears and the area is marked as "to dig" (a small shovel on each square of the area)

What it will bring :

- With this small modification, it will be possible to play Oxygen not included from your tab on your sofa (if you have Oxygen not included installed on your desktop with steam).

Other information:

- notice that all other games and all other apps works well through steam link and microsoft desktop. May be there is a small problem with the "mouse up" event in your code or in the library you use.

- I will be happy to have this resolved since it will make me able to play from everywhere in the house from my tablet. This looks amazing and it is almost ready ! We are very close to it.

20190928_214027000_iOS.png

Steps to Reproduce
1/ Launch Oxygen not included through : - Steam Link (app in IOS to stream steam games) - Microsoft remote desktop from IOS 2/ Enter your current game 3/ Select Dig 4/ Try to dig (click somewhere -> move finger, pencil or mouse to an other place -> release)

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.