Mods force uninstall, reinstall, force restart. looping.

Mr. Wisski
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Since the last hotfix, When clicking on the MODS button in the main menu, A popup appears notifying that mods have been uninstalled. Clicking OK, A blank window pops up (zero mods installed). Steam then reinstalls all mods, and force restart.

When the game starts back up, and you click on the MODS button in the main menu, A popup appears notifying that mods have been uninstalled. Clicking OK, A blank window pops up (zero mods installed). Steam then reinstalls all mods, and force restart.

This goes on forever, doesn't matter if you made any changes - immediately quitting to desktop yields the same mods-uninstalled-reinstalled-restart loop. Pressing escape on the restart popup, instead of clicking restart, of course does not enable the mods. This basically makes the game unplayable for me - I need my mods.

Steps to Reproduce

Click on the mods button on the main menu.

Watch in disappointment as all your mods are uninstalled, and steam reinstalls them.

Press the restart button if you believe in taking futile actions.

Make a sad face because you were just in a great spot in your currently ongoing game.

User Feedback

The infinite looping has slowed down, but it still happens. Can sometimes get a game to start with mods enabled - but god help you if you click the mods button in the main menu.

Share this comment