Missing Artifact on Returning Rocket

JackJimson
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Bug:

• Explored a POI with a rocket with an uncollected artifact.
  • Artifact shown as collected on asteroid and on the rocket info screen (kindly see screenshots below)
  • However, when rocket landed. The artifact is missing on the module. Yet on the screen it still displays (kindly see screenshots below).

Attached is the save file before the rocket landed.

20210919135726_1.thumb.jpg.412cbe5117622ec55f7a89da1a8bbfd7.jpg

Above shows artifact is on the rocket on the return flight.

20210919135733_1.thumb.jpg.ec2250d6977ae21696084bce0634e81c.jpg

The artifact is marked as collected on the POI.

20210919140111_1.thumb.jpg.145c056fad5ed84e5329ff1e61ee68ce.jpg

On landing, the artifact is missing. Yet its still marked on the rocket menu.

Steps to Reproduce
  1. Upgrade to a petroleum rocket from a CO2 rocket.
  2. Set destination to asteroid
  3. Wait till cargo full and artifact collected.
  4. Return to home planet.
  5. Check artifact on rocket.
  • Like 3

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I can confirm the bug still exists. It even persists between loading saves where the rocket with an artifact is in orbit. Incidentially, the artifact was delivered to the planetoid when using "Abandon Ship" option.

Share this comment

Hello,

Same problem here. Abandon ship won't work.

I'm carrying 2 of my terrestrial artifact, I fear if I don't get those, I w'on't be able to end the game.

Someone did find another workaround?

Thx

Share this comment

Same issue, I've had it both with terrestrial and space artifacts.  They show up as being on the rocket when it's in space, but aren't on the artifact transport module when it lands.

I've got 9/10 terrestrial artifacts and so many have disappeared that I may not be able to complete the game objective of getting 10/10.  I've visited my last planetoid, collected all 4 artifacts from it, and had all 4 disappear on landing.  Saving and reloading doesn't fix it

Share this comment

Guys, I got the exact same bug. But I believe I found a work-around. Whenever I reloaded after collecting the space artifacts from POIs, the artifacts would vanish after landing. But if there's no reload between collecting the artifacts and landing, I got all the artifacts. But still, Klei dev please fix this asap. Not sure if I can still get the achievement cos my russel's cup is gone forever.

1. For space artifact: Don't reload your save after getting the artifacts. Set your automatic game saving from once per cycle to once every two cycles just to be safe. So you can reload and try again on longer flight.

2. For terrestrial artifact: Just don't put it in your rocket artifact module. It's not worth the risk. Build a pedestal inside your command module, and tell dupes to haul them there.

Share this comment

I just got this same bug. Two artifact transport modules empty even though I'd collected two artifacts; happened after loading a saved game before the rocket had returned.

Share this comment