Meteor showers paused way longer than 20 cycles

Zemnux
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Closed

Meteor showers are paused way longer than 20 cycles. My save from the previous patch is at cycle 1662. When 30 cycles later there still wasn't a single meteor shower I started experimenting. As the save used mods (even though only ones that should not impact this) I tried it without them and even saved without mods and reloaded, but in the end it didn't make a difference. After a lot of testing different setups for running the game I found out that the meteor showers just consistently started again at cycle 1696, 34 cycles later instead of 20, with other factors seemingly not mattering.

Attached you can find the original save at cycle 1662 with the message that meteor showers are paused for 20 cycles, a save at cycle 1681, one cycle before the showers should start again and a save at cycle 1695, one cycle before they actually start again.

Steps to Reproduce
  1. Load save from previous patch
  2. Wait

User Feedback

Changed Status to Closed

Hi, the meteor shower sleep timer for 20 cycles works a bit different in vanilla than in Space Out, 

In Vanilla, when you get the popup, the current Meteor Shower Event will be terminated and no other Meteor Shower Event will begin until the 20 cycles have passed.

The system that begins Meteor Shower Events is called Season, a Season begins a Meteor Shower Event every certain amount of time called Period.

What happened in your save is that the popup appeared on cycle 1662 which cancels your current Meteor Shower Event and creates a sleep timer for 20 cycles (sleep until cycle 1682), your asteroid has a Period of 14 cycles and the next Meteor Shower Event was scheduled to begin at cycle 1667, at cycle 1667 the Season will not start the next Meteor Shower Event because we are still under the sleep timer, then the next attempt for a Meteor Shower Event to begin is at cycle (1667 + Period) = 1681, but by the time we reach that cycle and the Season attempts to begin the Meteor Shower Event it will fail because we still are under the sleep timer (we are one cycle away from "waking  up") so the  Season is denied to start and the next opportunity for a Meteor Shower Event ends up being at cycle (1681 + Period) = 1695. you then see the meteors falling in cycle 1696 because a Meteor Shower Event begins in the snoozing state and goes to bombardment after a delay.

I hope that cleared things up a bit. Thanks for posting! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this comment