Mechanical Door Suddenly Stops Conducting Heat

Xirema
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Spontaneously, Mechanical Doors will stop conducting any heat at all, even when closed. This lasts for a variable period of time, until eventually fixing itself in response to no identifiable change. Doors usually initially conduct heat with no issue, but periodically they just stop working; again, for no observable reason.

I've also noticed the opposite problem, where completely open doors will still conduct heat, lasting until they are closed + opened again, although I don't have footage of that to demonstrate here.

Buggy Heat Conduction.mp4

Slumbering in the Frigid Dark.sav

Steps to Reproduce
1. Tiles that are extremely hot 2. Mechanical Door set adjacent to both tiles 3. Tiles that are not extremely hot on the other side of the door 4. ???????? (I can't identify if there's some special thing happening causing this issue) 5. Door suddenly seems to only conduct heat from one side, not from the other
  • Like 3

User Feedback

I´m having this issue too. 

I have a vocano tamer and I´m using a mechanical door as "heat conduction method" and sometimes it just stops to conducting the heat, so I have to send a dupe to desconstruct the metal tile next to it and construct another one. It works, but in about 5 cycles it just stops again.

here´s a picture of the volcano tamer.

Sorry if anything is written wrong, I´m from Brazil and my inglish is really bad.

20200328130024_1.jpg

• Like 1

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Vacuolum said:

Happened with me to. I wanted make a short video from this, but alt+tab fixed it.

What do you mean with alt+tab fixed it?

Share this comment

On 2020. 03. 31. at 4:38 AM, J535 said:

What do you mean with alt+tab fixed it?

I pressed alt+tab for change back to desktopand  open a video recorder. I started recording, after that i switched back to ONI, but the door startd conducting heat again.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Vacuolum said:

I pressed alt+tab for change back to desktopand  open a video recorder. I started recording, after that i switched back to ONI, but the door startd conducting heat again.

Really? wow, I´ll try it. Thank you

Share this comment