"Home sweet home" proceed button offscreen

ZleekWolf
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

When the "home sweet home" achievement cartoon plays, while having an ultra-wide 21:9 (3440x1440) screen, the "PROCEED" button after the cut scene is rendered off screen (see attached screenshots).

For the user it's not obvious how to continue, could only figure out there should be a button by checking out some YouTube Video. Resizing moves the button into visible space (although the text might get clipped by this).

oni_bug_pic0.jpg

oni_bug_pic1.jpg

oni_bug_pic2.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

- Run the game windowed but maximized on a 3440x1440 (other scenarios not tested)
- Reach the "home sweet home" achievement, which plays the cartoon
- After the cut scene, a text with a "PROCEED" button should be displayed, but the button is not visible (see pic0)
- Resizing the window to a smaller size shifts the button further up, and makes it visible (see pic1 / 2)

User Feedback

I just finished building the monument for the first time. After some time trying every key on my keyboard,  searches on google and a question on Discord I found this thread.  Considering that the bug it's already over two years old I don't expect to be fixed anytime soon but I'll leave this message here in case that someones checks it out. 

end-oni.png

Share this comment