Hatch unreachable, un-attackable, inactive and suspended in mid-air

AlphaNurse
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Recently teleported to new asteroid, where I found one (lonely) hatch wondering about as they do. After a few cycles to set up a stable, I sent my dupe to wrangle it. In the meantime, it (the hatch) had spent a few cycles roaming about exhibiting normal behaviour, including burrowing at daytime. When my dupes continued to do other tasks than wrangling it, I found it marked as "inaccessible". Since then, it moved once, burrowed, stayed burrowed for a few days and then vanished from the game. The last cycle before it vanished I tried digging it out, which left it burrowed in mid-air, and wrangling (and finally attacking) it via keyboard commands (N and T, respectively). 

It seems like it disliked the attention, refused to acknowledge our presence, and then rage-quit on me. 

Steps to Reproduce

Pretty much as described above: 

- Play standard game (DLC)

- Teleport to new asteroid

- Get excited about finally finding a hatch

- Build stable

- Try to wrangle critter, unsuccesfully

- Get frustrated and try wrangling, digging and attacking in said order

- Upset Hatch, make it leave when not looking and spend ages trying to find the now non-existent hatch 

LevitatingHatch.png

User Feedback

As a follow-up, I later found another hatch on the same asteroid, which I managed to wrangle (by rudely awaking my dupe in the middle of the night and insisting he go hogtie the poor thing. Yes, at this ungodly hour!) It was awake then and so allowed itself to be wrangled, but then promptly went 'tween worlds to the Upside Down or somesuch place...

Now I'm pinning my hopes on hatching it's egg inside the stable...

[edit] Nope. Once hatched, the baby inherited the grudge and disappeared, too. 

Edited by AlphaNurse

Share this comment