Game does not launch on Linux

sueZell
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Pending

I'm not able to launch the game at all since the dreams update

Steps to Reproduce

Launch the game on Linux 

User Feedback

Display 0 '0': 1366x768 (primary device).
Desktop is 1366 x 768 @ 60 Hz
Unable to find a supported OpenGL core profile
Failed to create valid graphics context: please ensure you meet the minimum requirements
E.g. OpenGL core profile 3.2 or later for OpenGL Core renderer
No supported renderers found, exiting

It looks like the game is failing to find a supported graphics device on your system. Can you confirm that one is available which meets the minimum requirements?

Are you able to run the game on the "public_previous_update" beta?

Share this comment

On 11/5/2022 at 1:17 AM, JovanR said:
Display 0 '0': 1366x768 (primary device).
Desktop is 1366 x 768 @ 60 Hz
Unable to find a supported OpenGL core profile
Failed to create valid graphics context: please ensure you meet the minimum requirements
E.g. OpenGL core profile 3.2 or later for OpenGL Core renderer
No supported renderers found, exiting

It looks like the game is failing to find a supported graphics device on your system. Can you confirm that one is available which meets the minimum requirements?

Are you able to run the game on the "public_previous_update" beta?

Hello, how do I confirm if I have graphics device? And I don't think I have ever run the game on a beta but I was able to run the game before the dreams update. 

Share this comment

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm entering the correct commands  but I got the following results:

~$ lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v6/7th Gen Core Processor Host Bridge/DRAM Registers (rev 02)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 620 (rev 02)
00:04.0 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v5/E3-1500 v5/6th Gen Core Processor Thermal Subsystem (rev 02)
00:13.0 Non-VGA unclassified device: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP Integrated Sensor Hub (rev 21)
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP USB 3.0 xHCI Controller (rev 21)
00:14.2 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP Thermal subsystem (rev 21)
00:15.0 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP Serial IO I2C Controller #0 (rev 21)
00:15.1 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP Serial IO I2C Controller #1 (rev 21)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP CSME HECI #1 (rev 21)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP PCI Express Root Port #5 (rev f1)
00:1d.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP PCI Express Root Port #9 (rev f1)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Intel(R) 100 Series Chipset Family LPC Controller/eSPI Controller - 9D4E (rev 21)
00:1f.2 Memory controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP PMC (rev 21)
00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP HD Audio (rev 21)
00:1f.4 SMBus: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP SMBus (rev 21)
01:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 Plus Bluetooth (rev 99)
02:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: SK hynix Device 1327

~$ glxinfo | grep "OpenGL version"
OpenGL version string: 4.6 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 22.2.0 - kisak-mesa PPA

~$ glxinfo | grep 'version'
server glx version string: 1.4
client glx version string: 1.4
GLX version: 1.4
    Max core profile version: 4.6
    Max compat profile version: 4.6
    Max GLES1 profile version: 1.1
    Max GLES[23] profile version: 3.2
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.6 (Core Profile) Mesa 22.2.0 - kisak-mesa PPA
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.60
OpenGL version string: 4.6 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 22.2.0 - kisak-mesa PPA
OpenGL shading language version string: 4.60
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 22.2.0 - kisak-mesa PPA
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.20
    GL_EXT_shader_implicit_conversions, GL_EXT_shader_integer_mix, 

Share this comment

I'm just trying to confirm that the issue is with the build and not something that has changed on your system, as we've not had anyone else reporting this issue.

Could you follow the steps here to change to the "public_previous_update" branch (which has the previous update build) and let me know what happens when you run it?

https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029881371-How-to-change-branches-in-Oxygen-Not-Included-Steam-

Share this comment

On 11/8/2022 at 2:13 AM, JovanR said:

I'm just trying to confirm that the issue is with the build and not something that has changed on your system, as we've not had anyone else reporting this issue.

Could you follow the steps here to change to the "public_previous_update" branch (which has the previous update build) and let me know what happens when you run it?

https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029881371-How-to-change-branches-in-Oxygen-Not-Included-Steam-

I followed the steps but the game still doesn't launch

image.png.14f8dc791ecfcd51e0a1c219b6c395c4.png

Edited by sueZell

Share this comment

If you're not able to run the previous version of the game then it seems something has changed with your system and not the game itself. It is peculiar that glxinfo reports a version of 4.6 whereas the game said it could not find a version 3.2 or above. Have you tried updating your graphics drivers?

Share this comment

I have from the update manager, but it didn't make any difference. I also tried reinstalling the game, but to no avail :( I have not updated anything in my laptop until this, my update manager was never set to automatically download updates.

Share this comment