Fish release critter count not working

elmilli69
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

The critter count on the fish release is always 0, no matter the size of the room, the location of the fish release or the fish themselves.

The critter drop-off does work, but it doesn't seem to stop my dupes from releasing more and more fish.

I think this have been this way since always (i've played almost all the updates so far), so most likely isn't a problem of this branch only (buuut i can't tell for sure)

fish release broken.png

Steps to Reproduce
Trying to build a pacu farm in any shape, color or taste

User Feedback

I think this is occurring because your fish drops are technically in the room above your tanks, as far as the game sees it.

Share this comment

13 hours ago, Dyrewulfe said:

I think this is occurring because your fish drops are technically in the room above your tanks, as far as the game sees it.

That was one of my first thoughts when i first realized this but, as i said, the outcome is the regardless  "the size of the room, the location of the fish release or the fish themselves."

I have also read about this at least one time, with no answer yet.

Share this comment

Ah, sorry. I missed the big bold print. Hmmm... Doesn't fix the broken functionality, but you could maybe work around it with a critter sensor that locks a door to your drop-off?

Edit: Thinking a bit more on it, it might very well be that the drop-off is located at it's physical tile and thus isn't in a room at all!

Edited by Dyrewulfe
Afterthought

Share this comment