Failure to launch properly

FenrisDK
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

Just got the game the other day and I have problems launching it. (have not had a succesfull launch yet)

First it did not load anything but the sound and the toolbar icon. Then I  tried to change display settings for the game after reading this> https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1480982971174752598/ and it took me so far to a black screen and a crash text box. When I click OK to the report, the game stops running.

I have tried: verifying game files, do a fresh install, checked everything is updated (grafics etc.) did the uninstall/install Microsoft Visual ++, system spec is above the req., firewall allows the game etc. (Klei troubleshootguide) I had no luck with that.

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Run the game
  • Sad 1

User Feedback

I have exactly the same problem. I also used advice under the link to change display settings. Best I got is the black screen. Sound seems to be working ok though. I have now run out of options, I can only assume it’s a bug that will have to be fixed.

Share this comment

The first time I dicided to buy a game...made me stuck with this problem...

Yohoho...

I tried some ways to solve this problem, but I have old processor by Intel with integrated videocard. So...I have no features to change something except windowed mode.

Share this comment

On 1/6/2018 at 2:48 PM, elichu said:

I have exactly the same problem. I also used advice under the link to change display settings. Best I got is the black screen. Sound seems to be working ok though. I have now run out of options, I can only assume it’s a bug that will have to be fixed.

Just to confirm there are my rig specs (I know it’s old, but hey, it works!):

Sager Laptop 2010

NVidia GeForce GTX 460M GPU with 1.5GB GDDR5 Video Memory

Intel® Core™ i7-740QM Processor ( 45nm, 6MB L3 Cache, 1.73GHz)

8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 2 X 4GB

Edited by elichu

Share this comment

The issue still persist for me.. I have patience, but must admit, that it is frustrating to have this game and yet to have played it at all.

• Like 2

Share this comment

Hi,

It seems like there is a trivial solution to this problem, it worked for me though. Run the game and once Title Bar appears and sound starts in the background just click on “maximize button”. For me game just popped back into place.

It would be interesting to know if that worked for you guys as well…

Share this comment