Empty spice grinder traps food and starves duplicants

QAJack
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Pending

I didn't see this issue on the pinned Known Issues List, but feel free to consolidate this post if necessary.

My whole food system broke after the October 5th update, but I think I figured out what happened. I was setting up my kitchen (just a fridge, grill, and spice grinder) to prep pickled meal lice and barbecue, then season it once my salt production was finished. I had no salt at the time, but I assumed that the spice grinder would just go unused until salt was available. That's how it seemed to work pre-October 5th update, but today after the update my duplicants started dropping all of my pickled meal lice and barbecue behind the spice grinder (making the meals both unrefrigerated and inaccessible). All duplicants had pickled meal lice and barbecue allowed in the Consumables menu, but since the food was out of reach they started getting the Unreachable Food notification (and since the food was hidden behind the spice grinder it took me a while to find out why they had no meals). A save/load didn't fix this issue.

Solution: Make it so food is only brought to the spice grinder when both the selected spice is available, AND only allow duplicants to bring the quantity of food equal to or less than the amount of spice available. This way, food will never be delivered to the spice grinder if there is no way to cook it.

Mac specs:
MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021), Apple M1 Pro chip, 16 GB memory, macOS Monterey version 12.0.1 (21A559)

Player log attached, but since I did a save/load I also included my Player-prev log.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Have meals in a refrigerator
2. Assign those meals in a spice grinder with no spices available
3. Observe duplicants delivering meals behind the spice grinder

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.