Duplicants stealing errands from other duplicants and getting stuck

Tigin
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Known Issue

Duplicants get in a stuck state after creating a bunch of new errands. Happens pretty often, although I'm not sure what triggers. It looks like the duplicants are being assigned tasks already fulfilled by another duplicant and don't do anything until that task is finished by the other duplicant.

The Errand screen could also just be a visual bug, and the actual bug is from relocating critters (as they all have that status in common).

Screenshot2024-03-03192427.png.a78d4b3e0ee2515fb8b502976f0bea6d.png

Screenshot 2024-03-03 192418.png

Screenshot 2024-03-03 192403.png

Screenshot 2024-03-03 192355.png

Steps to Reproduce

Create some errands and wait a bit until they get stuck

U51.sav

User Feedback

A proper fix for this issue is not yet complete, for now you can reset the airborne critter traps (toggle the automation signal off/on) to release the stuck pufts which are causing the issue. (Occasionally on your save the pufts are getting trapped but moving to an unreachable tile resulting in the chore logic to get stuck in an infinite loop (go move puft -> can't reach puft give me a new chore -> go move puft ...) which is the cause of this issue).

Share this comment

Thanks for debugging, and also for reminding me I was ranching pufts.I replaced the critter traps with the new critter pickup and haven't noticed any issues

Share this comment