Duplicants getting stuck in places they can't get to.

NaomiRoval
  • Branch: Live Branch Pending

So I've been playing a bit of this game and it's only in the later stages of the game that this seems to be happening, probably because there are a lot more places for this to happen: Duplicants just seem to get stuck in the oddest places don't they? Sometimes I see "Suffocating" or "Unreachable" then when I click on it to see what's going on, I see my duplicants just stranded on a place that I have absolutely no idea how they got there. What bothers me is that I saw this happening recently and clicked on it really fast, I saw my duplicant on top of 4 tiles he COULD NOT POSSIBLY CLIMB, the roof was about 6 tiles high, giving him enough space to stand on top of the 4 tiles, then all of a sudden I see it happening, I click really fast on it, and I see my duplicant 2 tiles away from the 4 tiles, climbing the air as if there were 2 blocks in front of him, which there were not, then he proceeded to get on top of the 4 tiles. For some reason he just climbed 2 blocks of nothingness and got himself stuck, and I bet it wouldn't have happened if I was watching him, idk if the AI in this game acts differently when you're actually watching them and when you're not watching them, because I've never once seen someone witness a bug like this while looking at it, myself included, and I've been playing this the whole time, really awesome game! It's just that this bug almost always gets my duplicants killed, because it's physically impossible to get them out of certain situations without having another duplicant there, of course the trait Athletic solves it because the others can run really fast and help him quickly, but I don't really go for that trait as I do not like having it. It's just my luck but when this happens it always seems to be in a place where there is no O2, only CO2, which means I need to act really fast if I'm even able, because again, the reason I saw what was happening is because of the notification "Suffocating". Thanks guys really hope I helped.

Steps to Reproduce
it only happens in the later stages of the game where there are more such places availible to duplicants to get stuck on. it's completely random, but i suggest just playing the game and looking out for the "Suffocating" notification, make sure you have ample oxygen production to make sure this isn't a false alarm, and act fast on the notification by clicking on it to go to it fast, if you do it fast enough you might be able to catch the duplicant doing what it should not be able to do, as in climbing 2 blocks of nothing or jumping down 3 blocks by itself.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.