Duplicant wont eat food

Jey123456
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

This started with one of the updates between now and early december. I had stopped playing due to lag on that base, but felt like i should give it another run with the recent update. Performance improvement are excellent btw, its playable again.

Except that for some reasons many of my dupes refuse to eat, claiming no access to food, when there's fridges filled with food they are allowed to eat right next to them. Emptying said fridge on the ground made all the starving dupes rush to it to eat so they definitely have access to it.

I tried manually moving the starving dupe on the fridge containing food they move to it just fine but then just go back to whatever they were doing while claiming no access to food. Here's the save hopefully you can reproduce it.

Intergalactic Crashpad.sav

Steps to Reproduce
1. Load the attached save 2. wait a few minutes, dupes will start starving even with food available.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

after doing some more tests, it seem to have to do with some food not being accessible to specific dupe, they appear to pick a random fridge when they look for food, and if that fridge happen to not be reachable, they complain they cant reach food even tho theres a fridge next to them with food in it. 

emptying a fridge on the ground seem to reset that process and since it add a ton of individual food on the ground makes it much more likely that theyll end up picking one they can access to. 

Share this comment

I have the same problem. All my duplicants have all eat permision, but even if they have a fridge near they dont eat. I have to put that food on the ground.

Share this comment

Ran into the same/similar issue.  Made a farm and restricted who could enter the farm area.  Had 3 guys harvesting and moving food to the mess hall where everyone had access.  Dupes starved.  Once I gave them access to the farm they ate fine.  I think the problem is that if there is food on the ground a dupe will try to eat the first (which is nice), but if they don't have access then they give up and don't try to look for another source of food.  All my duplicates have all eat permissions.

Edited by Mpavlis

Share this comment

Did some more testing, I stopped the harvesting so no food was ever on the ground and sure enough the dups started using the fridges.

Share this comment

Yeah i have the same problem(somehow it's still a thing), but there is one catch:

THE DUPS DON'T EVEN EAT THE FOOD FROM THE FLOOR, AND IF THERE IS NO FOOD ON THE FLOOR THEY WON'T USE THE FRIDGE, WTF

Share this comment