Duplicant "Pacing" Bug

saradosia
  • Branch: Live Branch Pending

I keep getting a bug where my dupes will glitch and start "pacing" back and forth between two tiles like they cant decide which way to go. It's not that they are idle, they just start glitching back and forth. They wont die, or follow move commands, they just move back and forth until another dupe deconstructs one of the tiles they are glitching on and then they die on the spot. If no other dupe interferes with their "pacing" they just continue that way indefinitely. 

Steps to Reproduce
I cant seem to determine a cause, this has just happened a few times now

User Feedback

I went back a few cycles and it looks like Joey Tribbiani was pacing for at least 5 cycles before Jeremy Clarkson deconstructed his ladder and he died on the spot. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

Encountered this once, I needed to select the dupe and give him a move command by a few tiles, then he "snapped" to a deterministic path. Might be caused by pathfinding giving the dupe path in the opposite direction after he made a few steps, perhaps select the dupe while he's "pacing" and check how his path changes.

Share this comment

There were a couple of dupes that wouldn't follow any move commands in either direction, but I think they may have fixed it. It had something to do with water puddles. At first I thought it had to do with the ladders but it kept happening over and over again and always in water that had collected on the ground. If I see it again, I'll try giving them a move command of a few tiles to see if it works. Thanks for the suggestion! 

Share this comment