Duplicant Continues Restarting tinkering process.

HyruleOrphan
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

My duplicants refuse to finish tinkering Generators. They continue to restart the process at random, and They never get the job done. Simply put, Whenever tinkering a generator, they will randomly Stop tinkering, then Start the process again. Hopefully this bug can be fixed soon, as it is Extremely irritating. 

Here are some spesifics of what's going on. Incase this helps.
(FWI, The game is Unmodded. 100% Vanilla, Unless you count Debug mode being enabled. However i have not used a single debug tool, or ability in this colony.)

A.JPG

B.JPG

C.JPG

D.JPG

Steps to Reproduce
To My knowledge, You simply have to have a Duplicant Who has The "Electrical Engineer" skill unlocked, and to have them Begin the tinkering Process. However if you want more exact details, i will provide screenshots of their Skill Tree, Priority lists, Etc.

User Feedback

Hello, I confirm having the same bug.

Duplicants starts tinkering generator, then stops and repeats.

I am on steam with up do date game version, and no mod.

In my colony it does it on hydrogen generator. On very single one I build.

Here's my save game file which should show the bug.

Shack 09.sav

Edited by Resnesky

Share this comment

I had this happening but discovered the reason. The automation wire I had built which was controlling the generator accidentally was passing through the automation port on the power station building.

So, when the generator was active dupes tried to tune it up. But when the generator shut off the power station got disabled and that building being enabled is necessary for the tune up operation to occur. So, dupes would try and tune up, them stop randomly. 

Share this comment