Dupe stuck and invisible

tove96
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I don't have a screenshot of it, but one of my dupes got stuck. If I asked her to move, she would, but then she'd get stuck in one place again, doing the running animation while staying in place. I tried to reload the game, and then she was just... invisible. I could still click on her though.5b743a8410f69_buggedbubbles.thumb.png.f4fc309f216d932f2707edd27facd47f.png

Then the second time I tried reloading... I got two more invisible dupes stuck in place. 5b743c21588df_buggedRen.thumb.png.44fc8c8ad88d18f48bf9e5c88f1af8cf.png

Also if you look at their status, you'll notice they're both mourning. That's similar to a bug that's been bothering me for a while. I killed one of my dupes some hundred cycles back, and left the corpse because I thought it would spawn morbs. At the same time, I was taking in a new dupe as fast as the printing pod could print them, and then setting their consumables so they'd starve to death... thus providing free labor for my colony for only the price of some oxygen. 

Eventually my dupes got job-experience enough that the mourning was a problem and I stopped the practice... except they kept mourning. Some did, some didn't, there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to who it affects. Well, the timer ticked down, and I thought they'd stop eventually, though of course it didn't help that each time I reloaded the game, the timer would reset (also by the way, starving critters reset if you reload).

The stuck and invisible dupe bug started after I buried my morb spawner, so maybe it's the mourning system that went wrong. All three of them are perpetually trying to mourn, but apparently can't?

Edit: I went back to an earlier save file before I tried to bury my dupe, and I can now confirm that the problem is definitely a bugged mourning attempt. The problem seems to be that I had an exosuit checkpoint blocking the grave.5b754e05214fd_exosuitblockinggrave.thumb.png.5b1778604a751867b4c97f88061a1a3a.png 

When I noticed my dupes getting stuck again, I tried disabling the checkpoint to see if that would help. It did, the dupes got unstuck. 

Steps to Reproduce
Kill a dupe and bury where an exosuit checkpoint blocks the path.

User Feedback

I can confirm this.

This happened shortly after I started adding a separate working class sector to my colony. Most of my duplicants can't access the working class sector. My two first deaths happened there. Before adding memorials, everything was fine. However, after adding the memorials the problem appeared. All 9 duplicants who can't go to the working class sector and access the memorials are stuck and invisible, the duplicants who can access them are fine. 

I tried giving everyone access to the working class sector and the problem disappeared.

So supposed steps to reproduce are:

1. Kill a duplicant

2. While mourning is in effect, add a tasteful memorial which all duplicants cant access 

3. Duplicants who cant access the memorial will get stuck at some point. It did not seem to be instant.

Share this comment