Dupe "lagging" when going to generate power

Jey123456
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Whenever my dupe head toward generating power, it move a for a sec, then stop for a few seconds, only to move another second. Usually when stopped its still doing the running animation. 

If i were to take a guess, it would be that for some reasons, the dupe are constantly recalculating the path to the power generator, but due to the size of the base the path takes too long to calculate. 

It does not seem to happen to any other actions, only when they are running to a manual generator. 

Intergalactic Crashpad.sav

edit: This is still happening in version R1-262109, can be reproduced directly on load using this save

jeypre.savjeypre.sav

Steps to Reproduce
1. Load the save 2. Look at any of the "hamster_" dupe, they are dedicated to running manual generator

User Feedback

powerrunglitch.gif.4c64ba99d51db62365f84c042ddba1ef.gif

Heres a blurry gif of the problem, you can see the targeted dupe alongside a few others, are all running with weird pauses, all of those are currently running toward a manual generator, you can see the other dupes around move much better, only those headed to the manual generator exhibit this bug. 

Share this comment

quick update, this bug is still happening in the latest release version. Slowing the game speed down also has no impact on it that i can tell.

The "going to generate power" message in the dupe status keeps on vanishing and showing back up everytime it stops so it looks like its constantly forgetting its going to generate power and look for something else only to end up back on the power task over and over again. 

Edited by Jey123456

Share this comment