dupe constantly forget about generating power

Jey123456
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Whenever my dupe head toward generating power, it move a for a sec, then stop for a few seconds, only to move another second. Usually when stopped its still doing the running animation. 

If i were to take a guess, it would be that for some reasons, the dupe are constantly recalculating the path to the power generator, but due to the size of the base the path takes too long to calculate. 

Its as if they walk a bit, forget that they were going to a generator, rethink about what to do, pick a generator again and resume. It is not apparent on a small base or new save due to how fast they determine new goal, but on this base at cycle 3500+ it becomes really apparent. 

It does not seem to happen to any other actions, only when they are running to a manual generator. 

powerrunglitch.gif.4c64ba99d51db62365f84c042ddba1ef.gif

this is an old gif of the issue but it still happen as of version R1-262109

Loading the save attached to this post should reproduce it right away.

jeypre.sav

Steps to Reproduce
load the save. look at most due heading for power (the hamster_* ones are dedicated to it)

User Feedback

thats on purpose (the door that is). its used combined with timers and multiple path to control the hamsters actions (they cant leave this area to go eat or whatever outside of the allocated time). 

The issue started happening well before i added those. I actually added those doors to reduce it since currently my hamster waste a LOT of their time walking to the power.

Even on a new game with a simple wheel and nothing in the way you can see the bug, its just much harder to notice due to how fast it happen, but if you stare at a dupe as it run to the wheel, youll see its task "going to generate power" flash every now and then. 

Its that same flash that cause the short burst of movements followed by running without moving for a few seconds while it recalculate the path to the generator, over and over again. 

Share this comment