Doors delete resource upon deconstruction.

Kastrella
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Whenever a door is surrounded by tiles of the same resource used to construct the door, it will delete the resource it was made from—special cases for pneumatic doors where it deletes anything it is embodied in but loses its resource when it is in the same ore. I found this while testing the conditions for making a natural tile using manual and mechanized airlocks, with @hydrotoast and @kurosolo. There is a strong relationship for it to have to do with maxMass property. It is the same condition that is satisfied for making natural tile, then it will cause the deletion to occurred if the tile side is surrounded by 8 sides of same material, this includes from metal, bunker, and storage tiles. The condition is stated by Mass drop + Material Cost of Airlock/Tile occupied < maxMass. Aluminum is a special case for not deleting. Sorry for sounding like a report, just my observations. Hydrotoast states that it is similar to this previous bug that was quickly patched:

Steps to Reproduce

1. Surround doors by the same ore it is in.

2. Deconstruct the door

3. Resource loss.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

User Feedback

I have performed more tests. Here are the video and image results. All ore that has this deletion was performed after editing the maxMass property to make it able to make natural tiles. The rotated manual door has 200 kg of ore injected to show it is from natural tile creation. The video is to show that it follows the proposed natural tile formation rules, but I didn't record a video for other deletion ores. To note, deletion occurs whenever mechanized airlocks can make a natural tile.

Screenshot 2024-02-08 214515.png

Screenshot 2024-02-08 214546.png

Screenshot 2024-02-08 215723.png

Screenshot 2024-02-08 215742.png

Screenshot 2024-02-08 220239.png

Screenshot 2024-02-08 220730.png

Edited by Kastrella
Video clarification and added Note

Share this comment

After some more testing, I found out that the mass wasn't deleted but injected into the bottom tile. The screenshot shows the copper ore and aluminum ore natural tiles of mass 1 gram. The reason it looks like it was deleted and not for aluminum ore was the maxMass limiter the extra mass over maxMass becomes natural tile. However, the bug with steel metal tiles, bunker, storage tiles, and other doors still exists as the mass of these tiles cannot change when deconstruction occurs. In addition Niobium and Thermium Metal, storage tiles, and other doors.

Screenshot 2024-02-14 054524.png

Screenshot 2024-02-14 054938.png

Edited by Kastrella
Clarification

Share this comment