Cuddling a Dying Cuddle Pip Causes Dupes to Freeze

fandingo
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I have a pip ranch, and I periodically need to slaughter many of them because they reproduce so quickly. I will issue ~10 kill commands at once, so several dupes run into the stable all at once. Occasionally, a dupe will kill one pip, and their next job is to hug a different pip. The problem is when a different dupe decides to kill the pip currently being hugged. If the pip dies while being hugged, the dupe gets frozen hugging until the game is reloaded. Even issuing a move command to the frozen dupe will not get them moving again. The only way to recover is to save, quit, and reload, which does always work at unfreezing the dupes.

Eventually, the dupe's stress will rise, they will soil themselves, and starve to death while being stuck in the animation. Note that the "made a mess" alert occurs while they are frozen, but the pee doesn't appear until the game is reloaded.

In the first screenshot, I actually managed to freeze two dupes. In the second, I waited a bit, and selected one of the frozen dupes to show their errands and the white navigation line.

pip.png

pip2.png

Steps to Reproduce

1. Create a cuddle pip ranch with quite a few pips.

2. Have at least 5 dupes idle/available enough that they will all rush to the ranch for attack commands.

3. Issue a simultaneous attack command on many of the pips.

4. If you are (un)lucky, a dupe will hug a pip as it dies and will freeze.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.