Crash trying to move Critter

Andrew271
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Trying to move a Slug Plug on second planet using the "Move to" QOL.

The move is indicated - however, upon trying to view the ERRANDS tab of the move, the game crashes.

This I suspect because there is no duplicant with Critter Ranching I or II on this planet. - Was about to teleport Duplicant from other planet.

Error message following is a condensed description of what is happening in Unity and C# (or C++)

- "Assert failed: Chore requires description! HasTag", at BuildingChoresPanelDupeRow.Init (BuildingChoresPanel+DupeEntryData data),at BuildingChoresPanel.GetDupeEntry (BuildingChoresPanel+DupeEntryData data, UnityEngine.RectTransform parent),  at BuildingChoresPanel.AddChoreEntry (Chore chore)

The QOL move appears to be OK on the other planet where there is a Duplicant with Critter Ranching I - as I tried to move a hatch and inspected the move - it showed that both of the ranchers could do this and others required a leaned skill.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Ensure that there are no Ranchers on the planet

2. Put in a move command for a critter

3. Select the Errands tab to see which Duplicant can move the critter.

4. Watch the black hole eat your game

• Like 1

User Feedback

I too am now getting this error, with (nearly) the exact same circumstances. The big difference is the issue is happening on my 2800 cycle primary asteroid, and there are about half a dozen dupes who have the ranching ability & can do the errand. This was a problem when no dupes had the ranching skill as well, many cycles ago, but now it's cropped-up again out of nowhere, and seemingly independent of the presence of an available rancher. Right before the game crashes (~0.5 seconds), I can briefly see the priority list. At least two dupes are queuing the task before the game nearly instantly crashes after.

Very odd.

Share this comment