Constant notifications of undiscovered buildings damage and flooding

Myren
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Pending

I have a game file that constantly gives notifications regarding flooded and damaged buildings in areas I have not explored or revealed. The buildings are in the fog still. I have tried clicking these notices and it takes me to the black area, I've tried disabling repair on those buildings via clicking the notices and the notices still keep appearing constantly.

I also experience a constant slew of notices regarding the grill not having the ingredients needed and I seem unable to turn those off or remove them - but I am unsure if this is a bug or just an annoying flaw. Since the chef cooks until there are no ingredients, unless I disable the grill every time it'll constantly have those notices. Thought I'd mention it just in case!

I have played a few other maps minorly but this is my primary game file. I have not experienced this in other files, but I also do not have much time put into those nor have I expanded much in those. I've attached the save file, the player log, and my computer details below.

Oolong Peach.sav

Player.log

Steps to Reproduce
macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6 Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Macintosh HD Startup Disk AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB Displays: Dual Dell U2415 24-inch 1920x1200 monitors Playing via Steam World Seed: 587508608 Default "No Sweat" settings, except with sandbox enabled Unsure how to efficiently reproduce - it only started happening close to ~100 cycles into my play game if I remember correctly. I've been unable to replicate it in the first ~10s of cycles of new game files using the same world seed, even if I "reveal" some of the map using sandbox. I do not reveal the part of the map that houses the buildings where these constant notices come from, as it is not revealed in my original game file either.

User Feedback

I forgot to attach screenshots.

The "liquid pump" in the broken & overheating notices is in my base and has auto-repair disabled but still contributes to notices. However, it is in a revealed area of the map so I didn't address it in the bug report.

FullScreenshotONI.png

KitchenONI.png

DoorONI.png

CheckpointONI.png

BatteryONI.png

Share this comment

ALSO Note: This game file also has flickering graphics that has previously been reported on mac OS. Seems like the lighting/shading and the antialiasing are flickering on both built tiles and spawned natural tiles. Some flickering coincides with the right most liquid vent dripping into the polluted water basin. Some is linked to something else I haven't identified yet.

Share this comment