clothing/suit bug

Sheng C.
  • Pending

Game version: CL# TU-210489 (The Thermal update released on Mar 15th)

I've got some "ghost suits" in my game. There are mismatches between the decor effect, assignment index on the character, and the assignment index when selecting a unassigned suit.

Here is how it happened by sequence(or how I found out) :

1. Proudly made several snazzy suits for dupes and assigned them

2. Save the file, exit the game and done for the day

3. Came back the next day, made more snazzy suits so everyone gets one. 

4. Found out some dupe "lost" their suit when trying to assign the newly made one

5. Questioned my memories, put the new suits on dupes, saved and exit, came back to the game, the same disappearances happened again. 

6. Testing hypothesis: suit wears off when dupes shower/stepped or submerged in water or polluted water/or naturally as time passes.

7. Hypothesis proved false, yet discovered the mismatches as some screen captures can better demonstrate: 

1.jpg

Vital shows that Marie is not assigned with any suit (though was previously assigned one before saving, exit the game, and return) 

Yet the suit is activated under the decor filter

2.jpg

Selecting the assignment by clicking a newly made suit, it shows that Marie doesn't own any suit. and of course, through the decor filter we still can see that she owns one, an effective one. Stinky has the same issue as Marie but Meep's is fine(see the first screenshot)

3.png

4.jpg

Vital says "Suit: Unassigned" Assigning the new suit to Marie, even though the Decor filter says she already is wearing one. 

5.jpg

Marie cheered in happiness of becoming the proud owner of a Snazzy suit, decor displayed correctly here.

6.jpg

The first point under Status says "Using Snazzy Suit" and at the bottom of the same window shows the option of "Unequip Clothing" 

Decor works correctly. 

7.jpg

Unequipped the suit. Status changed, Yet decor effect remained. 

8.jpg

As Marie walks away from her newly equipped and instantly unequipped suit, the assignment again shows no suit assigned to Marie yet the decor effect is still active. 

The Luxury Committee Cycle 47.sav

Steps to Reproduce
put on a suit > save and exit the game > come back to the game and load the saved file > check suit status (decor, suit assignment, and dupe status)
  • Like 1

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.