Bunker door overheating

Richard Cranium
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Bunker doors continue to overheat even when cooled below overheat temperature until game is reloaded.
No log file found in steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data

20191226194645_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Overheat bunker door then cool below overheat temperature

User Feedback

2096f is 1146c which is over the 1000c overheat temperature for bunker doors.

P.S. If you want doors under the rocket, steel mechanized airlocks is an option, as they don't have overheat temperature.

Share this comment

14 hours ago, Soul-Burn said:

P.S. If you want doors under the rocket, steel mechanized airlocks is an option, as they don't have overheat temperature.

ps it gets hit by meteors and look at the screen shot what does that overheat temperature say, over heat the door chill it to way below overheat, which i chilled down to 700f yet it was still overheating

20191227182952_1.jpg

20191227183037_1.jpg

20191227184752_1.thumb.jpg.b46f2c2471af1d8cbc97bf30b3164e07.jpg

Share this comment

14 hours ago, Soul-Burn said:

Maybe you forgot to look at the modifier that the material type gives and you thought to your self o it can only be made of steel so the entry in the database must be the correct value
P.S. if i wanted to be told how to build stuff like this i would post in another area and hope to get feed back like what you gave me rather than another trash post not even relevant to the information in the game that was being presented as a bug which i would hope that an item over heating at half its listed value would be considered as such.

20191227190212_1.jpg

Share this comment

No need to be rude, they were just handing out some advice on top of their explanation of why this is happening.

Mechanized Airlocks can be made out of steel, so placing them underneath can help prevent overheating. I'd recommend putting bunker doors underneath those airlocks so when the rockets about to launch, the doors can open and wont be hit by meteors.

Edited by Squeegee

Share this comment

6 hours ago, Squeegee said:

No need to be rude, they were just handing out some advice on top of their explanation of why this is happening.

Mechanized Airlocks can be made out of steel, so placing them underneath can help prevent overheating. I'd recommend putting bunker doors underneath those airlocks so when the rockets about to launch, the doors can open and wont be hit by meteors.

Did you read it?
stating two measurement standards with a conversion is implying i cant do math, not only was that rude it was wrong because they didnt account for the material type, why are you defending wrong information, did you get offended for that person?
Or are you just picking up i dont like to play a problem solving game where i get others to solve my problem for me and trying to be passive aggressive to provoke another response, both of the possible reasons behind your post i can think of are bothersome because its a bug report, not a probe for advice, so if you would like to make a rebuttal that explains why its not overheating when its at its overheat temperature and still overheats well below its listed value i would accept that.

Share this comment

We've already talked about it. And I've now tested it. A few observations:

The card showing the overheat "Base value" is bugged. When the game is in Celsius, the temperature it shows there is  actually the Kelvin temperature, but with C. The Fahrenheit is probably bugged as well through similar logic.

As for the actual overheat temperature, I've tested it now in sandbox and it actually is 1200c as you mentioned, with the steel bonus.

I've also observed it keeping the overheat problems even after the temperature goes much lower, for a pretty long time. That said, it also took the building quite some time to start overheating even when the temperature was high. In my game it seemed like overheat is only calculated (at least for bunker tile) once in a while and not exactly when the temperature goes up or down. If it's more than a couple of seconds, it definitely looks like a bug.

Share this comment