Blueprints and related are not available in offline mode

Neat Modding
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

First of all, I would like to say that Oxygen Not Included is one of the best games of all time, and ever since the very first versions in early access it has been an absolutely amazing experience! And it's great to see new things are coming up!

Now the bug. It would be great if the blueprints would be accessible and unlockable in an offline game. I understand that everybody thinks it's their given right to enforce Cloud features on everyone else these days without permission (take it or leave it online features is a shitty way of user coercion). And I also understand that there is an added value for the developers to get more feedback from the user base. But there are still users who despise the Cloud garbage, and there are valid reasons to do avoid the Cloud (like big publishers turning off the servers in x years and disabling the game or major functionality), and it's very sad to see that the blueprints are not available in an offline mode.

Klei is an amazing company, and I'm sure there is no bad intent in the online features. But, the result is still that features that require being online are anti-features, there is no way around it, if servers are offline in 5 years, good luck with your blueprints. If you travel, same.

Steps to Reproduce

Take the Steam offline, or just turn off the wifi / network.

User Feedback