Black planet

kingofcheese
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hi

I found a new planet with the telescope, and when I went to visit, I couldn't see anything. I tried sending a rocket to it to deploy a rover, but since the planet is black I can't deploy it.

Blank planet.bmp

It might be gameplay mechanics and I have to do something else to see the planet surface, but just in case I'm making this post.

Thank you

Steps to Reproduce

Not sure, I'm just inspecting a new planet when this happened, I've attached the two most recent player logs.

User Feedback

Played two differend games and had the same problem every game. Dont know if it is a bug or im just to stupid to handle it.

Share this comment

Had the same issue. I used the sandbox mode to reveal the area and it seems that the entire planetoid is encased in Neutronium - probably a map generation bug.
Encased.thumb.png.6e720f7711be13ba29181857d95c8992.png

It is possible to remove the neutronium using sandbox tools and then land a rover.

Debugged.thumb.png.cfe7bb2a5f26ff6b5f2754c439605c05.png

I should also mention that the generated planetoid does not contain the detected bioms - on the screenshot you can see a weird mix of a forest and space biom - so it's probably a generation bug.

Edited by IronChe
Added some more detail.

Share this comment

My friend and I both have the same problem, however there was no neutronium at the top of the map. 3rd planet spawned without any set pieces/plants/animals on it, and the surface can only be seen by using the sandbox or debug mode. We managed to fix it by reloading the game in debug mode, revealing everything by entering primary debug mode (backspace), saving and reloading that save. If you don't enter sandbox you can even continue as if it was a normal game/get achivements.

Edited by artaline
clarification about neutronium

Share this comment