Backup solution makes it impossible to start the game

Sigve
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

When I hit the new game button, the game starts to "create the world". When it finishes it just jumps back to the previous screen. No warnings or alerts, just the game menu. I can then hit the new game button again and the same happens.

I took a look at the log file and it seems that this happens because I'm using a backup solution on my computer, www.jottacloud.com. It tries to save the game files right after they have been created resulting in the game crashing without any warnings.

I'm able to pause the back up sync to play the game, but the best solution would be that I don't need to pause it. At the very least, a warning should be given so that I would understand that there are file conflicts (such as a backup program). Not everybody checks their games log files :)

"[12:21:42.079] [WARNING] Failed to read [...]\WorldGenSimSave.dat
System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path [...]\WorldGenSimSave.dat
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00337] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/FileStream.cs:354 
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
  at System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode) [0x00000] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:347 
  at Klei.WorldGen.CanLoad (System.String fileName) [0x00018] in d:\JenkinsWorkspace\Release_SimGame\Assets\scripts\worldgen\WorldGen.cs:2344 
[12:21:42.082] [WARNING] Couldn't start new game with current world gen, moving file
Unloading 4 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
UnloadTime: 8.417593 ms"

Steps to Reproduce
Hit "new game" button

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.