Automation signal propagation through complex circuits

Pheonix_Knight
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I have built a 7-bit shift register out of AND gates, NOT gates, Memory Toggles, and a Timer sensor. The Timer sensor sends a Green signal for 0.2s and a Red signal for 58.8s, with the goal being to clock the shift register once per minute. I have looped the output of the shift register back into its input so that a single bit/Green signal loops through it forever. It works flawlessly for the first few loops through the system, but eventually starts propagating further through the shift register. In some cases I have seen the bit get lost rather than duplicated.

I think the issue is based on the fact that the Automation circuits are really "clocked" on the game tick, not on my Timer sensor, and my in-game clock is really just enabling the circuitry for ~1 tick, but not exactly. This could possibly be solved with more complicated automation circuits.

Steps to Reproduce

My save file is too big, so please reference these Imgur photos for the construction of my shift register. I can provide the save if needed. photos

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.