Audio initialization error

QuantumDragon
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

During a game I lost all audio within the game, restarted the game to see if that would correct it.

Game launched and met with:
"A problem occurred initializing your audio device. Sorry about that! This is usually caused by outdated audio drivers. Please visit your audio device manufacturer's website to download the latest drivers."

I did not have any background updates running or other services that would change the audio drivers.

I have done the following:

Full device restart, hard and soft.

Audio driver update, restart, reinstall.

Full device update.

All online fixes I could come across.

Steam: Check integrity, full reinstall.

Currently no fixes have worked and I'm kinda stuck. Currently at 522 hours and have not had an issue before.

Steps to Reproduce
Launch application, load to main menu.

User Feedback

Hi there! So they will ask you to go to betas in steam and turn on audio logging

and I'm having the exact same issue as well! here's my copy of the log file:

log file is, after starting and closing the game in audio logging, normally in your steam directory \ steamapps \ common \ oxygennotincluded \ fmod.log

fmod.log

Share this comment

a note for my last post: the only difference between now and the last time oxygen not included worked for audio, is I updated windows 10 to the new update. 1905 or something like that. I am on a laptop running the most recent drivers for everything, and that one change is the only thing that is different between now and when it was last working.

Share this comment