attempting to conveyor ice will turn to water randomly

edgy44
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

i would send ice through a conveyor and it would instantly heat up somewhere on the line super quickly and melt except for the last package which would stay cold randomly

Steps to Reproduce
drag a long conveyor through your base to a receptacle and send 2 tons of ice through. at a random spot it will super heat itself without dissipating the heat and turn to water except the last box which will remain ice til it gets to the receptacle

User Feedback

edit i found the problem it wasnt actually randomly melting it was melting whenever the conveyor went through a floor tile for some reason regardless of temperature the ice would melt super quickly within a floor tile

Share this comment

16 hours ago, edgy44 said:

edit i found the problem it wasnt actually randomly melting it was melting whenever the conveyor went through a floor tile for some reason regardless of temperature the ice would melt super quickly within a floor tile

It's probably because of the packets of ice being 20 kg, while the floor tile is 200 kg, so it probably exchanged heat very quickly whit the first packet of ice, while for the last it got cold enough, but post your save files to be sure of that.

Share this comment