Atmo suits vanishing in use and dupes ignoring checkpoint when all suits are gone

Sqeri
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I noticed a loss of atmo suits once i started to explore the surface in my last game.

After testing i saw dupes in atmo suits doing their work and just suddenly the suit were gone, leaving the dupe in his clothes.
While digging (<300°C), while climbing, while waiting for a door...
Suits not damaged, o2 almost full

After the suits disappeared i saw some dupes moving to the surface, ignoring the checkpoint
and some dupes (which had suits) waiting at the surface as the checkpoint prevented them from going back (as they didnt have a suit to put it back i guess)

I m playing with some qol mods, afaik non modifying atmo suits

edit:
seems to be some kind of unexplanable overheating, so the atmo suit melts
even without getting in touch of hot objects

tmp.sav

Steps to Reproduce
mark the atmo suit, note the temperature, give order to do something in cold environment, let him move back / getting off the atmo suit, check the atmo suit temperature

User Feedback

It is affecting me to. It's very consistent (I lose suit every cycle).

At first I was playing with mods too, but later on I disabled every mod and it is still happening to me, on two different savefiles.

Sadly it's very disheartening to play without suits, knowing I cannot experience space content.

Share this comment

On 5.6.2019 at 4:11 PM, fantnomore said:

are the atmo suits melting?

No, it's very unlikly a melting problem. It happens at different places and different temperatures.
Tested yesterday, still happening.

Share this comment

On 6/6/2019 at 1:00 PM, Sqeri said:

No, it's very unlikly a melting problem. It happens at different places and different temperatures.
Tested yesterday, still happening.

if you look at the atmo suit dock that a dupe just dropped their suit at, then drill down to the suit itself, you will see some wild temps.  check it out

Share this comment

5 hours ago, fantnomore said:

if you look at the atmo suit dock that a dupe just dropped their suit at, then drill down to the suit itself, you will see some wild temps.  check it out

Not in my games, there aren't temps over 200°C around the walked area

mouse is at the hottest location i was able to find
atmo suits temp is < 0°C at dock
i marked the areas white where i saw suits disappearing, mainly 100-150°C around there

these are usual surface temperatures, so its unprobably a melting problem

oni.jpg

Share this comment

15 hours ago, fantnomore said:

20190610214017_1.thumb.jpg.4c5f26750ebad7ac68391e0dedb7fb92.jpgcheck out that temp bottom right...  after a single cycle of spawned suits 

wow you are right, there is some strange heating

pic 1 - savegame loaded, atmo suit in dock is at -17°C

pic 2 - after short usage at upper left door, that s a 240-260°C enviroment, getting up to 300°C cause of iron ore in that regolith while digging, but not touching it directly.... atmo suit is at 125°C back at dock

pic 3 - slightly longer digging, standing beside the digged tiles... atmo suit is at 305°C in dock.... where does that temperature come from? there are like 33kg of 300°C hot iron ore and a lot of other stuff around 250°C

pic 4 - new digging order with that ~300°C atmo suit.... suit disappered in the white marked area, temperature there is ~60°C (cause of the suit heating up some mg co2)

tested it 2 times, suit disappeared at almost the same place, at negative °C environment

did a third test to exclude those hot iron ore:
i gave other orders, sweeping some isolated granite at 170°C in a < 0°C environment. left of the area where it disappeared previously.
atmo suit quickly heated up to 290°C and disappeared at next pick up

fourth test:
i kept testing, swept that granite slowly till it was gone.... EVERYTHING on the path was blue / cold
gave order to sweep -40°C granite, back at the dock the atmo suit was at 305°C..... over 300°C above the environment

why the hell is this atmo suit getting hotter then everything else it gets in contact with?
maybe getting hot just by being used?

oni01.png

oni02.png

oni03.png

oni04.png

Share this comment